Posting a Vacant Position
Faculty: Lorie Martin
All other salary plans please contact your DO HR Generalist
Prior to Posting:
An approved PSF is required for all faculty, staff, and post doctoral associate recruitments.
Faculty ads must be approved by Lorie prior to posting in Careers@UF, placing externally in publications, or sharing on listservs.
For all staff positions, please ensure an accurate position description (PD) is in Organizational Development. New PDs and/or PD updates must be reviewed and approved by Lorie via email prior to entering ePAF.
All faculty and staff positions require a criminal background check per UF policy. Additionally, college policy requires a criminal background check for all hires, regardless of salary plan.
You may post a position for as long as you wish, provided the minimum posting period is met. However, you may NOT offer to a candidate while the position is still posting. Be judicious in the length of posting time you choose. This is particularly critical information for positions posted as ‘open until filled’. The position MUST be closed out before any type of offer can be extended.
||Posting Required?||Minimum Posting||OUF Allowed||Re-post Minimum|
|Faculty||Yes||14 days||Yes||7 days|
|OPS Faculty||No||14 days||No||7 days|
|Staff||Yes||7 days||No||3 days|
|Post Docs||No||14 days, if posted||No||7 days|
|OPS/Student||No||No minimum||No||No minimum|
Ensure that all positions requiring a post-offer health assessment are marked accordingly in the posting.
Follow steps as outlined in Posting Faculty Positions.
One external advertisement is required.
- UF has a contract with Chronicle of Higher Education online, for advertising free of charge, which should be used with every faculty recruitment.
- Final ad will also be displayed on PHHP’s faculty job board
- A job must be posted for 30 days on Careers@UF and in one external advertisement to meet green card advertising requirements.
Search committee members must have an active search committee tutorial (good for 2 years) before the posting will be approved at Level 1 (college level). As a reminder, a search committee must include a chair and at least two committee members. The department chair may not serve in any capacity on the search committee as he/she is the hiring authority.
- To verify current, active tutorial, go to myUFL > Main Menu > Training and Development > myTraining Enrollment > Reporting > Library > Individual Training Record > Enter UFID
- Navigation to complete the online tutorial is myUFL > Main Menu > Training and Development > myTraining Enrollment > Learner > Dashboard > Search PVO800 (Faculty Search Committee Tutorial)
Include in ‘special instructions to applicants’ section:
- The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law.
- Application materials required, typically a letter of interest, a CV, and 3 references.
- Inclusive Statements for Job Advertisements
Follow steps as outlined in Posting a TEAMS Position.
All staff positions must be posted as time-limited.
Include the following:
- Expected starting salary range is $XX-$XX, negotiable, based on education, skills, and experience. (For exempt positions, list annual salary; for non-exempt, list hourly salary).
For All Other Types Of Postings
Follow steps as outlined in Posting OPS and Student Jobs